Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) is playing a vital role in today’s business work as well as in other domain. It gives the users an analytical view of data resulting in effective decision making. Many domains are applying Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) for different kinds of analysis due to its excellent performance and wide adaptability, such as analysis of network traffic and remote sensing images. The objective of this work therefore is to develop a web result portal that will enable lecturers post and compare students’ results for quick assessment. I was motivated in order to reduce stress, workload and discomfort always encountered by the lecturers and school examination body during computation, compilation and reconciliation of students’ results. Object-Oriented Analysis (OOADM) will be adopted as the methodology while Java will be used as the programming language. The expected result is web-based software for students result processing that will eliminate the problems of manual database system used in tertiary institutions.
- Amar .A. (2009). Single Portal for Integrated Examination System. Journal of Emerging technologies in e-Governance, (Vol.3, PDF).
- Amanze et al, (2016), Online Analytical Student Result processing for Tertiary Institutions. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science. Vol 5 PDF.
- Bay C. M. (2009). Computer Application and Operation, (1st ed., Vol. 1, No.2,)
- Awka: Optimum Press.
- Charles A.A (2012). An Exploration of Factors Influencing Effective Use. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, (Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 4-16).
- Jian .F.J (2012). The Design and Implementation of Student Academic Record Management System. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, (Vol.3, No. 8, pp. 707-712).
- Thomas F.A. (2011). A Software Application for Colleges of Education Student’s Results Processing. Journal of Information Engineering and Applications, (Vol. 2, No.11 PDF).
- Valentine.C. (2012). Design and Implementation of Result Processing System for Public Secondary Schools in Nigeria. International Journal of Computer and Information Technology, (Vol. 2, No 1, PDF).
- Erik Thomsen,(2002). OLAP Solutions: building Multidimensional Information Systems. 2nd Edition. Join Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-471-14931-6.
- Kespas et al, (1995), multi-dimensional views and Online Analytical Processing Armond Dalton. Publishers Inc, Okemos, Pp 55-72.
- Richard (2015), “Encyclopedia of Database Systems.“Comparing Computerized Database to Manual Database”.(PDF).
- Bay (2009), Glossary of Online Analytical Processing, Abbeville Press, New York, Pp.79.
- Osuagwu, O.E (2009), Software Engineering: A Pragmatic and Technical Perspective, Oliverson Industries Publishing House, Owerri, Pp. 162-166.
- Gonzalez (206).” OLAP Integration anf Operational Tool” (PDF).
- Dada (2017),”OLAP Architectures”. OLAP Report. Archieved from the original document analysis. Retrieved 2019.
- Emmanuel et al, (2012), “Introduction to OLAP- Slice, Dice and Drill” Data Warehousing Review. Retrieved 2019.
- Nenad et al,(2008). “Expert System and Data Mining. (PDF).
- Begg (2007), Online Analytical Processing, Perfection Learning Corporation, Rome Pp 37-45.
- Obiniyi et al, (2010), “Management Information Systems on OLAP” (PDF).
- Amadin et al, (2003), Attribute Value Reordering for Efficient Hybrid OLAP, Information Sciences, Volume 128, Issue 16, pages 1279-1438.
- Nmaju et al,(2013),” Multi-dimensional Processing Based Summation in OLAP”. (PDF).
- Berry & Lin off (2010), Business Process Management: A Data Cube to Business Process
- Simulation.Data for Decision Making, Bund-Verlag GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany.Pp.204
- Okonigene (2008), “ Data Warehouse Analysis” (PDF).
- Leon (2006), “Providing OLAP (Online Analytical Processing0 to User-Analysts: An IT Mandate” (PDF). Codd & Date, Inc. Retrieved 2008-03-05.
- Chenoweth (2003),“Data Warehouse and Data Mining Overview. (PDF).
- Sundeep et al, (2007), “A Data Cube Management to Business Process Simulation for Effective Decision Making, (PDF).
- Kimball (1998), “OLAP Application and Function of OLAP Massively Parallel Computing. (Technical Report).
- Bill Inmon(1990),” An overview of data warehousing and OLAP technology. (PDF)
- Leon et al,(2006), ‘ Data warehousing and OLAP- A Research-Oriented Bibliography.