The paper describes an industrial business study carried out to regain the business knowledge embedded in a legacy COBOL application. The aim of this work was to extract out the information required to re- implement the Legacy programs in a new client/server environment. The progress solution is in four step. Firstly, the programs were restructured, secondly the programs were sliced into business logic modules, third the business modules were subjected to a multi view analysis and finally the views were integrated into a unified documentation describing the data, decision and procedural flow of each program slice.
- Ian Warren (1999), The Renaissance of Legacy Systems. Springer London,
- Alderson and H. Shah (1999), “Viewpoints on Legacy Systems,” vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 115–116,
- M. van den Brand, P. Klint, and C. Verhoef, “Re-engineering Needs Generic Programming
- Language Technology,” SIGPLAN Not., vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 54–61, 1997. [Online]. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/251621.251633 17
- E. J. Chikofsky and J. H. Cross, “Reverse engineering and design recovery: a taxonomy,” IEEE Software, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 13–17, Jan 1990. 4, 5
- Osuagu, O, E, Oladipo,O. F and Banjo C. (2008). Deploying Reverse Software Engineering as tool for converting Legacy Application I critical –sensitive systems for Nigerian Industries. In Proceedings of the 22nd National conference and AGM of the Nigeria Computer Sociaty Conference (ENCTDEV 2008), 24-27 june.
- Perry, M, Nasko O. (2004). Introduction to Reverse Engineering Software . Downloaded from http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigmil/RevEng/ch01/html
- Chung A, Lee Y.S,(2000) “Reverse Software Engineering with UML for website maintenance,” IEEE proceedings – Working Conference in Reverse Engineering, ’00, pp.157-172,2000.
- Jain, S. (2011), "Reverse engineering: Journey from code to design," Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT), 3rd International Conference on , vol.5, no., pp.102-106, 8-10
- S. Tilley, K. Wong, M. Storey, H. Muller, Programmable reverse engineering, International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering 4 (4) (1994) 501–520.
- Wilde N.& Huilt R (1992) Maintenance support for object oriented programs. IEEE Transations on software Engineering, 18(12):1038-1044,, December 1992.
- Sneed, H./Jandrasics,G.: “Inverse Transformation of Software from Code to Specifications”, Proc. of ICSM-88, IEEE Computer Society Press, Phoenix, Oct., 1998, p. 102
- Hanna, A. “Getting back to requirements proving to be a difficult Task”, IEEE Software Magazine, Oct. 1994, p. 49
- Weiser, M.: “Program Slicing”, IEEE Trans. on S.E., Vol. 10, No. 4, July, 1984, p. 352 
- Cimitile, A./ de Lucia, A./ Munro, M.: “Identifying Reusable Functions using Specification Driven
- Hay D and Anderson Healy K: ‘Defining business rules — what are they really?’, White paper, The Business Rules Group, Version 1.3 (2000)
- Weiser M: ‘program slicing’, IEEE transactions on software engineering,10,no4,pp 352-357 (1984).
- Aiken.P, Muntz, A, Richards, R, “A framework for reverse engineering DoD information legacy systems”, Proceedings of Working Conference on Reverse Engineering, 1993