Since the arrival of mobile devices, such as Personal Digital Assistants (PDA’s), smartphones, tablets etc., and their amalgamation with cloud computing is bringing up and transforming ubiquitous computing into actual existence. This concept of ubiquitous computing straightens out the way to unusual and experimental applications, in which the mobile devices are integrated and provide assistance to the users. This paper discusses about the concept of mobile cloud computing, identify advantages and disadvantages of collaborating mobile applications with cloud and identify benefits of leveraging mobile learning services on cloud. Mobile cloud computing induces innumerable benefits and overcomes the technical limitations of mobile learning.
- Mell, P., Grance, T.” The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing (Draft)”, Special Publication 800-145,2011.
- B. Kepes, “Understanding the cloud computing stack: Saas, paas, iaas.” http://www.rackspace.com/knowledgecenter/whitepaper understanding-the-cloud-computing-stack-saas-paas-iaas/,October 2013.
- Joa˜ o A.L.Ferreira, and Alberto R. da Silva. "Mobile Cloud Computing'. Open Journal of Mobile Computing and Cloud Computing. Volume 1, Number 2, November 2014.
- White Paper, “Mobile Cloud Computing Solution Brief,” AEPONA, November 2010.
- Hoang T. Dinh, Chonho Lee, Dusit Niyato, and Ping Wang, “Survey of Mobile Cloud Computing: Architecture, Applications, and Approaches”, Accepted in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing – Wiley.
- Hosam F. El-Sofany, Samir A. El-Seoud, “Studying the Effectiveness of Using Mobile Cloud
- Computing Applications in Learning”, International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication, Technologies and Learning (IMCL), 17-19 October 2016, San Diego, CA, USA
- Dr.Shaik Abdul Nabi1, Dayakar Gurram, Mohd.Anwar Ali, “ Mobile Hybrid Cloud Computing for Educational Institutions: Mobihybrid EduCloud”, IEEE Sponsored 2nd International Conference on Innovations in Information,Embedded and Communication systems (ICIIECS) 2015
- Truong, H. (2012). Cloud Computing for Education and Research in Developing Countries. In Cloud Computing for Education and Research, IGI Global. (Available at :http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/ download? doi=10.1. 1.445.502&rep=rep1&type=pdf, accessed on 5.08.2015).
- Visited website https://www.statista.com/statistics/330695/number-of-smartphone-users-worldwide/
- Visited website: http://mhrd.gov.in/technology-enabled-learning-0